Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 25 Jul 2005 18:08:16 -0400
On 25 Jul 2005 at 16:06, Gartner, James <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> How configurable are the Web pages in Maestro?

There are 3 "interfaces" in Maestro:

- HUB, documented in the Administrator's Manual, is for the system
administrators, for setting up the servers and administering
accounts.

- LUI, documented in the User's Guide, is for those people who have
Maestro accounts for sending to the lists (and also for the Data
Administrators for creating and maintaining datasets). You would not
use this for subscribers, only for people in your own organization
that send one-way lists. (If you want discussion lists, these can be
managed by Maestro, need to be LISTSERV lists, i.e. HLLs. You could
post to the discussion lists with Maestro, but you would not allow
general posting to the list with Maestro -- subscribers would use
their own email client or the WA posting interface: look forward to
LISTSERV 15.0 and Maestro 3.0 for improvements WRT the subscriber
posting interface).

- The subscriber pages: these are managed by LUI, but are accessible
to subscribers (if you so wish it).

The subscriber pages are customizable, and in version 2.1 will become
almost completely customizable. The document I just sent shows an
example of customization for the subscriber pages in 2.0. In version
2.0, the same customization would be applied to all the subscriber
pages in the same dataset (each dataset can have its own
customizations). In 2.1 (not yet released, but we'll start beta
testing soon) each page in a dataset can have a separate
customization and all the text will be customizable.

LUI, which we think of as "the" LISTSERV Maestro User Interface, is
only slightly customizable. You can change the "branding" as
described in section 21 of the Administrator's Manual. Basically the
top and bottom of the LUI web pages. There are also changes that can
be made to what is available to LUI users. For example:

> For instance, if we only wanted to allow the "Send to a Recipient
> target group" and "Select  recipients from a Database", could we
> configure the pages to look like that??

This is something you _can_ configure, and even have it different by
account "group". Figure 22 in the Administrator's Manual shows how to
set the default "recipient types" -- you can have each type enabled,
disabled (greyed out on in LUI), or hidden (doesn't show up at all).
Figure 39 shows the exact same interface for a group or single user,
if you want a particular group or single user (not in a group) to
have different options available than the default.

In HUB, the only customization possible is the same User Interface
"Branding" that you can apply to LUI.

The Administrator Manual is available at:

http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/maestro/2.0/maestro_admin_manual.pdf

--
Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>

Knowledge is just a click away: http://www.lsoft.com/optin.html