Jim Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 16 Nov 1993 16:40:44 EST
On Mon, 15 Nov 1993 14:11:11 CST John Andrews said:
 ...text deleted...
>                                                             VALIDATE ALL,
>as I read it, applies to remote nodes not the one on which the list resides.
>Could someone try this and see if you get the same result as I.

 You're absolutely right.  Local users can remove themselves.  That's
 what I get for not trying something out before I open my mouth. :)

 What to try next?  The only thing I can think would be to add the people
 to the list, then "serve off" all those addresses.  If you wanted the
 list to be an announcement type facility, and the fact that the people
 on the list wouldn't be able to post was acceptable, then it would work.
 If you really need a regular list that just locks local users in, then
 I don't know of a way to do that.  Unless you can find another site that
 would host the Validate=All list for you of course!  If it comes to that
 drop me a note and I'll set it up here. :)

>John Andrews

 -jj