Shinn Wu <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 24 Feb 2010 10:06:47 -0800
Hello,

We ran L-Soft list server 1.8e on Solaris Sparc 9 machine for over ten
years.  Two days ago we had disk I/O errors which were corrected.  But
three lists (out of more than three hundreds) had problems in member's
inability to post.  The configurations of those lists didn't change, but
every post to those lists resulted in:

The distribution of your message dated Wed, 24 Feb 2010 07:27:22 -0800 with
subject "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" has been  postponed because the
LLLLLL list is held. No action is required from you; your message will be
reprocessed automatically once the list owner releases the list.

Those lists were private and subscribers had posted for years.  There
were *.jobh in spool directory.  I renamed them from *.jobh to *.job,
ListServ processed it and renamed it back to *.jobh and sent a
notification (same as above) to the original sender.  I removed one post
and asked the sender to send, it was again in spool with *.jobh.  I
restarted the ListServ many times, and also rebooted the ListServ many
times but it didn't help.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Shinn