Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 9 Nov 2005 19:29:15 -0700
On Wed, 9 Nov 2005 17:58:02 -0500, Nick Abiola-Bisiolu <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I delete the index files and restart the software.
>A new index files were generated but the system produces the same error.
>
>Do you know why it will be doing this?

The listname.INDyymm files are the web access index files and should never
be moved in any migration same platform or cross-platform.  There are also
listname.DB* files (listname.DBINDEX, listname.DBRINDEX, and
listname.DBNAMES) in the same directory where the list message archive files
are.  These files also should never be moved in any migration same platform
or cross-platform.

Finally, did you transfer the message archive files (listname.LOGyymm) by
ASCII-mode FTP?  Windows and Linux have different EOL (end-of-line)
character convention.  ASCII-mode FTP will handle the necessary EOL
conversion.  (There are other ways to do this EOL conversion as well, such
as using appropriate options with 'tar', 'gzip', etc.)