"Eric Thomas (CERN)" <ERIC@CEARN>
Sun, 3 Apr 88 14:37:00 GVA
I think  you are missing a  very important point,  Richard. It is not  for the
postmaster (nor for the  list owner for that matter) to  decide whether or not
the name of the  user should be available for review by other  people. "I am a
german subscriber to XXX-L, and have  been automatically added to the DB0TUI11
list. People can't  see my name, and I'd  like them to be able to  see it, but
there's no way. Now a friend of mine  who lives in Spain has been added to the
EB0UB011  list,  and  people  can  see   his  name,  why  should  there  be  a
difference???". If  any, this should be  implemented as a SET  command option.
I'll implement it some day, although I'm sure that almost nobody will use it.

  Eric