Roger Fajman <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 09:39:28 -0400
> > Is there any reason other than history why Ack should be different > from
> > other options?
>
> "Default-Options=" has only been applied to non-subscribers since 1.8d,
> so most lists use "Ack=" to set the default for the ACK option for non-subscribers,
> and we need to maintain compatibility.
>
>   Eric

So, Default-Options are applied to non-subscribers (where meaningful),
but not to sublist subscribers?  And sublist subscriber settings are
not honored for posts to the superlist?

And for non-subscribers, only Ack= is honored, but not
Default-Options=Ack/NoAck?  With subscribers it's never been obvious to
me which takes precedence if both are specified.