Bob Jackiewicz 312-413-1258 <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 8 Apr 1997 15:56:20 -0500
I have an owner who wants to put people's affiliations into their name,
like

   Bob Jackiewicz - University of Illinois at Chicago

The problem is that sometimes, these lines are wrapped with the addition
of the password, so ListServ sends it back telling him to include the
password. So, then I seemed to recall someone saying that only the first
command needs a password, and once that command is processed, ListServ
knows you for the rest of your session. Is this not correct?

If not, then I suggest a continuation character for this purpose.

Also, I'd like to suggest a change in one of the messages which gets sent
out. The message is:

The  ADD command  requires  password validation  when  issued from  remote
locations. Please specify a "PW=" keyword followed by a suitable password.
Acceptable passwords are: your personal password (obtained through the "PW
ADD" command) and the password of  the H-ANTIS list. If you have forgotten
your password, send  a "PW RESET" command  to reset it or,  if this fails,
contact the  LISTSERV administrator  ([log in to unmask]) for
assistance

I think the address here should be  [log in to unmask] .
This address gets to me From: a person and without the extra bounced
garbage usually found in owner-listserv messages.

Bob Jackiewicz            UIC Academic Computer Center           [log in to unmask]
University of Illinois at Chicago                            Network Services