Wed, 7 Apr 1993 13:43:42 CST
We are having problems with list member's posting being rejected. These are
people who have posted to the group before the listserv update. We tried
changing the group from private to open and having them re-subscribe but
listserv tells them that they are already a member. They then try to post
and receive the rejection notice. I noticed that someone else had the same
problem but did not see a reply to their message. What else can we check
or try? Thanks for all or any help.
Nancy
PS. this is an Attmail user.
Early yesterday I issued a SUBSCRIBE command to CMSUVMB LISTSERV and I
received an acknowledgement message that I was already subscribed to RESUG-L.
Then I sent a test message back to RESUG-L.  The results are appended.
Still no go.

Date: Tue Apr  6 21:30:18 -0600 1993
From: internet!vmd.cso.uiuc.edu!LISTSERV%CMSUVMB.bitnet (BITNET list server at
 CMSUVMB (1.7f))
Subject: Rejected posting to RESUG-L@CMSUVMB
To: Dave Riba <!jadetech>

You are not authorized to mail to list RESUG-L from your [log in to unmask]
account. You  might be authorized  to post to the  list from another  of your
accounts or  under a slightly different  address, but LISTSERV has  no way to
associate this other  account or address with you and  is thus rejecting your
message. Your message  is being returned to you unprocessed.  If you have any
question regarding authorization to use  the RESUG-L list, please contact the
list owner, whose name and address is listed below: