Mahesh Kumar Bagade <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 8 May 1996 10:26:24 -0500
Dear Readers,

I am looking for a site which can host a mailing list which I intend to start
for a non-profit organization for which I represent. I am hereby providing
a summary of the organization which will tell you what we stand for.

The discussion in this mailing list will be on the issues mentioned below. I
would like to point out the fact that the organization is a total non-political
one and we request you sincerly to support our just cause by hosting our
mailing list.

I usually do not follows the discussion groups, hence I request to communicate
with me directly at my email address.

Thanks and hoping to see a reply soon.

Mahesh Bagade

                D E S A B H A K T A    M O V E M E N T
                         On the initiative of
                  D E S A B H A K T A    T R U S T
                      Founded by Shri T.N.Seshan

1)  GOAL
    A just and fair society in which individuals and institutions can
    secure their fundamental rights by functioning in a responsible
    manner.

2)  BARRIER
    Probably the most formidable barrier to achieve this goal is
    rampant and pervasive corruption which has engulfed institutions
    and organizations in every sphere of life, across the country. This
    has forced individuals willingly or unwillingly to participate in
    corrupt practices.

3)  SOLUTION
    People acting together as a countrywide movement to make
    institutions and organizations function in an open and accountable
    manner.

    Achieving this shoud result in an environment where corruption can
    not flurish.

4)  PREMISE
    This approach is based on the conviction that the natural
    inclination of a self respecting person is to lead a life free from
    the evils of corruption. Given the opportunity and leadership,
    people will work together to fight and eradicate this menace.

5)  OUR CREDO
    The Deshbhakta Trust will draw its strength from two fundamentals:

    a)  Action is the need .... with people ready and willing to lift
        the burden of inertia and despair.

    b)  A sense of Indianness is emerging ..... based on self esteem and
        pride.

            WE SEEK YOUR INVOLVEMENT IN THIS GREAT ENDEAVOUR

6)  The Main Objects of the Trust are:

    a)  To draw up and propagate for national adoption any or all
        programmes fo rthe regeneration of India.

    b)  To suggest and promote modification to the structure and functioning
        of constitutional and other institutions in India connected with
        the Executive, the Judiciary and the Legislature for more appropriate
        governance of this country.

    c)  To suggest and propagate schemes for the economic advancement of the
        country.

    d)  To suggest and propagate schemes for the social upliftment of the
        country including but not restricted to the promotion of religious
        tolerance and the removal of conflict based upon caste,
        community, creed, language or ethinicity.

    e)  To devise and propagate methodologies for the greater advancement
        of arrangements to enhance the quality of life of the citizens,
        including but not restricted to education in all aspects,
        health and sanitation, control on growth of population, habitat
        management, housing, etc.

    f)  To suggest and propagate methods for the advancement of infrastructure
        in the country including but not restricted to drinking water,
        sewage and sanitation, electrical and other energy, transport
        and communications...

    g)  To suggest and propagate methods for the management of agriculture
        in this country including but not restricted to land use, crops
        and cropping patterns, agricultural development, animal
        husbandry, agricultural incomes etc....

    h)  To suggest and promote the growth of industry in the tiny small,
        medium and large sectors in rural and urban India.

    i)  To suggest and promote specific areas of work to be undertaken by
        the State in the economic field in addition to tis legal duties
        in respect of security (internal & external), banking and
        finance, foreign relations, etc. so as to ensure the greater
        freedom of the individual.

    j)  To work towards the protection of the environment and to ensure
        that all progress takes place on the basis of ecologically
        sustainable development.

    k)  To actively promote freedom of speech and expression and all forms
        of art through all media including written, the spoken and the
        visual.

    l)  To generate and promote in all its varying aspects science and
        technology and their application to the alleviation of human
        problem in the country.

    m)  To ensure that the State refrains from operating in those areas
        where private entrepreneurship can be in a better position to
        produce and supply of goods and other services.

    n)  To so modify the administration as to reduce the volume of
        government and its interference in the day to day life of the
        citizens.

    o)  To ensure that laws and structures are devised which will ensure
        the total elimination of discrimination based on religion,
        caste, language, state etc. and in particular ensuring this by
        the creation of agencies outside the executive committee with
        total unfettered freedom of speech.

    p)  AND without prejudice to the detailed items set forth above, carry
        out all and every other activity connected with the
        identification and propagation of methods to ensure the rebirth
        and regeneration of India leading to a renaissance of its
        ancient and holy traditions.