Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 08:06:14 EST
>I think "-server" after a list name is reserved for list server in
>aliases file. if you want use CIS-SQL-SERVER as a list name, you need a
>line in you aliases file:
>CIS-SQL-SERVER-SERVER: "|/usr/local/bin/lsv_amin /home/listserv/spool
>CIS-SOL-server-server

Still won't work as it is still of the form *-SERVER.

FWIW the next version of the site manager's manual will contain the
following information (in 7.4, Naming Conventions):

Reserved names

You may not create lists whose names match the following wildcards:

owner-*
*-request
*-search-request
*-server
*-signoff-request
*-subscribe-request
*-unsubscribe-request

For instance, lists cannot be made with names like "owner-loyalty",
"linux-server", and "donation-request".  These "pseudo-mailboxes" have
a special meaning to LISTSERV, which has internal rules that govern how
mail sent to these addresses is handled. See chapter 17.3 for more
information on what happens to mail sent to these special addresses.

Nathan