Mike Ramundo <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 7 Jul 1995 09:14:56 EDT
I would like to add my name to an earlier request for a way to capture
raw subscription requests.  A daily digest of requests, each complete
with all headers, could be sent to the postmast/listserv-maintainer.

Overnight I had almost 30 sub/command/posting attempts from someone:
       Mr. Stumble <[log in to unmask]> ( "User unknown" )
Would REALLY be nice if I could provide that postmaster more info !

I see on average 5-10 users/day ( usually confirmation instr.) - mail
undeliverable "host unknown". It would be great to have info ( received
trace ) needed to help these people since many of them just keep trying
( and trying and trying ..... )

If not needed, a single command will delete the digest, but the info
would be there if needed - to help identify turkeys or to help people
with legit problems - such as a gateway NOT adding gateway mods so
mail can not get back to the sender.

-mike