Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 21:02:34 -0400
On Wed, 21 Jun 2000 18:52:04 -0500, "John R. Andrews" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Adding a CNAME record causes the From: field
>to be changed to the existing A record name of machine1.uic.edu.

Yes.  As we have said you should NOT use any CNAME records for this very reason
and you should create an A record for listserv.uic.edu pointing to the correct
IP address for the machine.  This is the correct way to fix the problem.  Of
course then you have 2 A records pointing to the same IP which some people still
thing is improper in some way, but it is not.  8-)