POSTMASTER@SUNRISE
Mon, 11 Sep 89 11:09:00 EST
> Date:        Sun, 10 Sep 1989 16:46:49 GMT
> From:        Eric Thomas <ERIC@LEPICS>
>
> 1. It's not my fault if ... BITNIC didn't do what you wanted them to.

    I did not intend to imply that is was.  I appologize, if my attempt to
share the humor of the situation offended you.  I can understand how you,
as the author of the LISTSERVer code, might not find any of it humorous.

> 2. ... it takes about 6 months for such a change to be ACTUALLY effected

    I had no way of knowing that and am surprised that it takes that long.

> 3. LISTSERV@PSUVM accepted your request,  because it was running with the
>    latest BITEARN NODES with you as NAD for SUNRISE.

    LISTSERV@PSUVM did *not* accept my FOR <user> SIGNOFF * ( NETWIDE.  It
only passed it on to 187 other LISTSERVers, even though it did *not* think
I was the NAD for SUNRISE.

> 4. ... each LISTSERV is running with a local version of BITEARN NODES,

    I understand that.

>    ... LISTSERV@PSUVM can't know [how up-to-date the local file is] and
>    has no reason to reject your request.

    If LISTSERV@PSUVM insists that I am not the NAD for SUNRISE, why should
it pass on my request?  Shouldn't just abort the original it?

> 5. The  REXX error is because your job was quite a bit large, ...
>    Sending 3 or 4 smaller jobs should do the trick.

    Aha!  Thanks.  I'll remember that.