Lori Carrig <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 14:15:33 -0700
Dear LSoft:

Note Real System names and IP addresses have been changed.  I am receiving the following error:

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=3D0). The =
server is probably not started.

The URL I was trying to run is:  http://somehost.com/cgi/wa?LMGT1

After the above error I get sent to URL: http://somehost.com/cgi/wa=20

I have added the following to "go.user":

WWW_ARCHIVE_CGI=3D"/cgi/wa"
WWW_ARCHIVE_DIR=3D"/somedirectory/archives"

TCPGUI_IPADDR=123.45.678.90
TCPGUI_PORT=3D2306

RUNMODE=3DSTANDALONE

export WWW_ARCHIVE_CGI
export WWW_ARCHIVE_DIR

I have also created the file "lsv-wa.config" which contains the following:

PATH /somepath/archives
URL /archives

So after reading and rereading the "Site Manager's Operations Manual for
LISTSERV =AE , version 1.8d" I have not resolved this issue.  I have =
reviewed the FAQ's and have not found a like issue.  Also all paths above are
either specified by the above reference document or identified under the Web Server Root
directory.  Please advise.

Thank you;

Lori Carrig