"David Boyes (Network Postmaster)" <556@OREGON1>
Tue, 23 Dec 86 10:14:56 PST
I like the idea of a DESCRIBE command a lot. The include feature would be nice,
 but like Jose said, allowing listowners to write a sort of presentation on the
ir list and have users be able to retrieve it at will would save a lot of hassl
es and keep the speed of LISTSERV up. On a slow, heavily loaded machine like ou
rs, processing a list like INFO-PC takes a while because of all the extraneous
stuff in the list headers that really belongs somewhere else.

Can anyone give me any info on writing local commands for LISTSERV? I'd like to
 expand Mark's mail forwarder to notify people if there are files waiting on a
certain id.

David Boyes       (503) 686-4394     |BITNET: 556@OREGON1
Systems Group                        |ARPA  : 556%OREGON1.BITNET@
University of Oregon Computing Center|          WISCVM.WISC.EDU

  UUCP: [your fav backbone]...!tektronix!uoregon!oregon2!oregon1!556