Thu, 8 Mar 2007 14:22:30 -0500
I have an entry in site.catalog as follows:

AUTOCAT.CATALOG e:\autocat\autocat.catalog PRIVATE(AUTOCAT) OWNER(AUTOCAT)

My understanding is that this should allow list members to retrieve the
catalog entry (get autocat.catalog). Why do this? We have explanatory
text in the file that people could find useful. However, we get the
message
  You are not authorized to access file "AUTOCAT CATALOG".
In fact, we get the same message for a list that has "ALL' as the FACs.
What am I misunderstanding? Does the access control affect the Index
command, not the get .... catalog command? And, yes, owners appear to be
able to retrieve xxxx.catalog files.

thanks in advance for help!

Nelson

-- Please send new requests for Listserv owner support to [log in to unmask]
-- Requests for support sent to [log in to unmask] will be delayed.
--
-- Syracuse University Listserv List Manager
-- Listserv webpage: http://listserv.syr.edu