Oliver Menge <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 24 Oct 2005 16:53:31 +0200
Liam Kelly <[log in to unmask]> said:
> Without looking at the list headers, log files, or the message itself, I
> can only make an educated guess, but I'd suppose this to be a looping
> message.  Usually LISTSERV is good about detecting looped messages, but
> the list configuration in conjunction with the nature of the loop may have
> defeated that.
>
> If you have a current support contract with L-Soft, I'd recommend sending
> the list header and log file(s) for the date(s) in question to L-Soft
> support.  Otherwise, take a look at the log file(s) yourself.  Do you see
> the message posted to the list multiple times?  Does the message appear in
> the list archives multiple times?  And do you need the list to be
> Send=Public, or can you restrict the list posting process a bit more than
> that?

I'd guess it's not a loop. We run the list for more than three years
with
the same configuration without having problems. The list has a maximum
of
three (not NOMAIL) subscribers that all have mail accounts on our site
(so under my control). There are no autoreplies/bounces/whatsoever
around.
And, we would dislike *very much* to have the list not public.

Moreover it's not a message repeatedly written to the list archive but
listserv writes 0d0a (or the other way round, forgot about that)
eternally.
This occurs in the middle of the (first and only) attempt to write the
respective message (just after 'Content-Type:multipart/related;'). I
can provide such archive logfiles.

We have a support contract, but I'm externally affiliated to the
organization carrying the license and paying the contract, so I have to
find out about the support. When I found out, where am I supposed to
post
my logs?

Thanks,

Oliver