Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 15:43:01 -0500
At 14:43 01/29/2004 Thursday, Margaret King wrote:
 >Sorry to dig up an old thread but we are thinking about using
 >the command mentioned below i.e.
 >
 >    quiet change * *@old.domain *@new.domain
 >
 >and I need a little more information.
 >
 >(1) Are there any 'gotchas'?  (What can I say?  People here
 >    are suspicious of anything that looks that simple.)

Why don't you try it on a test or list e.g.,

quiet change TEST-L *@old.domain *@new.domain

Of course some may have previously subscribed under their new domain so
changes for them won't work.

Don't forget to check to make sure that owners' addresses work from either.

 >(2) Will it work on 1.8d?

yes

Don't forget to check for any DNS "MX" RR anomalies or MUA gateways that
are confused.