Kenneth Ng <KEN@ORION>
Thu, 28 Jan 88 16:26:58 EST
If the mailers were changed to return mail to the 'Reject-To' field, then
there would be no need for the global delete.  When the individual users
are deleted from the individual systems, their entries will get rejected
by the mailers the next time the individual list sends something out.
Then LISTSERV will process the rejected mail, delete the entry from the
list and send a notification to the owners!  Simple?  You bet!  But not
without problems:

1: Systems that don't have mailers will have their punch queues fill up.
   That should encourage these people to get mailers.   :-)

2: Systems that use old mailers will still bounce the mail back to the
   list, thus causing a possible loop.  I'm not sure how to fix this
   one.  (How is it done now?)

3: Systems that re-use the id's every semester might not have the id's
   off line long enough for a reject mail item to get bounced to listserv.
   Or, they might not even nolog the ids.  I can't think of any
   solutions here, but if the new person does not like the list, he can
   always unsubscribe to it.

Asbestos suits?  No need there is plenty in the air around here.  :-(
Besides, its low tech.  Are Space Shuttle tiles flexible?