Philip Kizer <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 22:06:32 -0600
Mail Delivery Subsystem <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>   ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
>
>   ----- Transcript of session follows -----
>... while talking to carriage.chesco.com.:
><<< 553 <>... @
>501 <[log in to unmask]>... Data format error

I have been seeing quite a few of these bounce messages lately (username
obscured as they are probably an innocent victim, whereas the site isn't).

I have tried to contact the site admins/postmasters, but I never get any
response (from this particular site at least).

Fankly, I'm sick of seeing such bounces due to admins setting options that
break the standards, especially when it means their users aren't getting
their mail (and _I_'m getting the bounces).

Given the way listserv operates (postings capable of coming through
listserv connections rather than strictly SMTP) it is not always possible
to get their attention by rejecting their site.

Is there any suggested way of getting their attention given that message to
postmaster and whois(1) contacts have produced no results?

Thanks,
philip

--
Philip Kizer <[log in to unmask]>
Texas A&M CIS Operating Systems Group, Unix