Chris Pepper <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 9 Jun 1998 15:16:42 -0400
At 2:48 PM -0400 06/09/98, Roger Suppona wrote:
>We're hitting a snag in our effort to migrate from majordomo to listserv.
>Many of the majordomo subscribers don't have full names, just usernames and
>addresses.  So, when we try and do something like QUIET ADD MYLIST
>[log in to unmask], we get back this error message:

>We don't know foo's full name and would rather not be forced to dummy up
>something.  We're in the process of rooting through the documentation but
>can't find any obvious reference to a switch that will relax the full name
>requirement.  I'm assuming this is a server, not a list issue since all
>lists are required to submit adds with a full name.  Anyway around this
>requirement?

        I think it's just * as the full name. I use this syntax for batch
adds, and believe it works both with and without full names. Do a Find in
the List Owner's manual for IMPORT and you'll find the details.

ADD mylist DD=X IMPORT
//X DD *
[log in to unmask] Chris Pepper
/*

                                                Chris Pepper

--
Chris Pepper | National Audubon Society: Web & List Manager
212 979 3092 |    <http://www.audubon.org/staff/pepper/>