Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 25 Jun 1996 19:05:35 +0200
Perhaps if these files had to  be manipulated by the site administrator I
would agree. But  as a matter of  fact these are all files  that the site
administrator MUST  NOT TOUCH unless  specifically directed to  by L-Soft
support. Every  week we get  a support call  from someone who  decided to
edit one  of these files  for reasons  of his own,  and now when  he does
REVIEW things  look weird, and  will you guess  that the backup  can't be
restored because  (...) and this  has been fixed  but the bottom  line is
that the file cannot be restored? The current organization is optimal for
LISTSERV  and I  don't see  any reason  to make  it easier  for the  site
administrator  to manipulate  files that  he shouldn't  mess with  in the
first place. Incidentally, if there were one directory per list you would
still have 370+  entries in your main directory and  would be complaining
that they are not organized more hierarchically.

  Eric