Christine Shih <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 15 Nov 1990 08:42:09 EST
On Thu, 15 Nov 90 00:42:24 +0100 Eric Thomas said:
>Your list  probably specifies  that notebooks should  be archived  on the
>D-disk. This specification is invalid, the D-disk is automatically erased
>at some points in the code; it  should NEVER be the recipient of any list
>archives or files or anything. It's a work disk, in fact it's supposed to
>be a T-DISK.
>
>  Eric
Thank you, Eric, for your prompt response.  :)
The list in question is "CHINA-ND", and according to its header, the
notebooks are saved to the E disk.  I have enclosed the header at the
end of this message for your reference.

Another question:
Besides listname FILELIST, and listname FILEID, is there an internal list
that LISTSERV keeps and checks against when refreshing a list?
If I delete a file from the FILELIST and refresh the list, I got

The owner had changed the archive from WEEKLY to YEARLY by mistake (! :))
and had to change it back, he took the two months worth of log file
and broke it down to weekly logs, add the lines for the logs in the
CHINA-ND FILELIST and sent the logs to listserv.  I wonder if this
can cause any problem.  When refreshing the list, the file attributes
like lrecl, time, and date fields are not filled in.

Third question:
Do I need to update the listname FILEID file for the owner every time
he wants to add a new package?  Neither he or I can get the file with
TELL LISTSERV GET CHINA-ND FILEID.  I could get it by the CMS SENDFILE
and put it back with the PUTC option in the LSVPUT command.  Am I doing
something wrong?  Should I add this file to some filelist for the owner
to get?  Thanks again for answers.
*
*  "China News Digest"
*
*
*  Review= owner                  Subscription= Open
*  Send= Editor                   Notify= Yes
*  Confidential= no               Reply-to= List,Respect
*  Files= No                      Validate= Store only
*  X-tags= Comment                Ack= No
*  Stats= Normal,Private          Prime=No
*  Errors-to= [log in to unmask]
*  Notebook= Yes,E,Weekly,Public
*  Mail-via= DIST2