Jim McIntosh <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 17 May 1993 09:15:15 EDT
On Mon, 17 May 93 10:14:26 NFT Turgut Kalfaoglu <TURGUT@FRORS12> said:
>Hi. We are having some problems with netnews -- it is forwarding the
>messages from OS2-L@HEARN list _to_ the LSTSRV-L@SEARN list!!
>
>Could you please stop this forwarding??  Thanks, -turgut

It's not my doing. The gateway isn't even in the path. The problem
appears to be a misbehaving server at "Euronet" (euronetis.no). See below
for details.

I will, however, shut down the gateway between bit.listserv.lstsrv-l and
LSTSRV-L until the problem has been resolved. That should stop the
postings from getting to LSTSRV-L, although it will stop b.l.lstsrv-l
from getting posts to or from LSTSRV-L and vice versa.

Jim McIntosh ([log in to unmask])
The American University
Washington DC 20016-8019 USA