Kathy Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 13:39:32 -0500
Our Help Desk handles lots of questions on our LISTSERV service.
Unfortunately, efficient troubleshooting in many cases requires site
maintainer access to the LISTSERV server.  We have two people (myself
being one of them) with this level of access.  Everyone else can't do so
much as even see what lists are on the server.

I could probably think of Unix-specific ways to solve the problem:
limited login access to the server, or maybe a CGI running on the server
that could grab very specific information and display it on the web
(we'd have to make that secure, though).  Does LISTSERV provide a
"read-only" access level suitable for, say, help desk troubleshooting?
Or is it truly all-or-nothing access?

Thanks,
Kathy Montgomery
University at Albany