Jim Gerland - User Support Services <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 4 Mar 1992 15:46:53 EST
We're  beginning  the process  of  making  LISTSERV files  avalable  via
Anonymous FTP and I  was wondering if anyone had done  this and if there
are any words of advice.

It seems to me that this is a tedious process.

If a  FILELIST owner was 'lazy'  (and I don't mean  that critically) and
followed all  the published advice, they  had a *DEFAULT* line  in their
FILEID and allowed LISTSERV to place  the files on it's disk as 0000000n
FILELIST.  This means  I have to get everyone of  these changed and then
rename the files to their real names on disk.

What's complicating this is that I am setting up a 200 mdisk at the same
time  so all  non-Eric-FILELIST-files  go  to the  200  disk instead  of
LISTSERV's 191 disk.

So, if anyone has any advice, I'd be happy to hear it.

Thanks,
Jim...