Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 10 Mar 1992 11:44:45 +0100
On Mon,  9 Mar 1992  19:53:59 CST "Juan M.  Courcoul" <COURCOUL@VMTECQRO>
said:

>Having survived  the 9203/9204  scare, with  my server  happily chomping
>away at the  9204 table, all I can  say is how comes an  error like this
>got past two verifications ?

It is much worse than that. There were TWO errors in 9203. The second was
a duplicate link in  Brazil, the very same error we had  in 9012 and that
UPDATE had not detected. UPDATE was  changed after this first incident to
make sure that this could never happen  in the future. It seems we're not
even learning from past mistakes.

Anyway, now  that SEARN  no longer  takes half a  day to  process NETSERV
updates, I  have arranged  for Hans-Ulrich to  update SEARN  first before
releasing anything to do the world.

  Eric