Charlene Charette <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 23 Jan 1996 00:33:28 EST
Hello,

I am a member of the Society for Creative Anachronism, a non-profit organization
devoted to studying Medieval and Renaissance life.  I am interested in getting a
mailing list set up for the southern Texas dance groups so that we can
coordinate our efforts.  Currently we're trying to communicate by everyone
carbon-copying everyone else and, as you can imagine, this is a great pain.  At
this point I'm not sure how many would users we would be serving; I'm sure we'll
pick up a few once it's no longer such a hassle.   Although I'm sure the
discussion would also cover historical aspects of dance as well as
reconstructions, I'm primarily interested in a method of communication among the
various groups so that we can coordinate efforts and support each other:  set
area standards, exchange tips on where and how to hold balls, make sure dancers
and musicians are using the same music, discuss dance practice formats, etc.  If
anyone knows where we might be able to set up such a list, please respond via
private E-mail.

Thank you,
--Charlene