Kevin Parris <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 17:48:53 -0500
That keyword means subscribers may post, but not others.  I haven't tried this, but I think perhaps if you specify "Send= [log in to unmask]" (for example) it may achieve part of the affect you desire - in that only the named address would be permitted to post to the list, but I am not certain of this.  I doubt that posts from other sources would be discarded, but rather rejected with a "you are not authorized" notice, don't know offhand if that can be prevented in the mailtpl or not.

You might try "Send= editor,hold,confirm" combined with an Editor= address that leads to the bit bucket (but does not generate delivery-failure notices), so that all editor-approval requests would simply disappear and thus every post would expire.  And perhaps you could edit the list mailtpl file to prevent the "your message has been forwarded to the editor" notice being sent.  But then, the list would be of limited (if any) use because nobody nowhere nohow could get a message distributed (directly, at least).

But are you REALLY trying to create a situation where someone sends an email that just plain disappears?

>>> [log in to unmask] 11/30/01 05:30PM >>>
In a list configuration, I thought

Send= Private

meant that peoples attempts to post to the list would be discarded. I
think I'm misunderstanding that because it seems like people are able to
post with that set. Is that correct?

http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8d/sitemgr/appendb.html#keySend

--
Al Iverson -- [log in to unmask] -- Minneapolis, Minnesota
My spam-related website: http://www.spamresource.com/