Bill Verity <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 16:03:47 -0500
On 12/17/00 at 2:57 PM -0500, Roger Fajman said:
> > The admin interface wasn't what I had in mind; it's the web interface in the
>> Archives directory.  This is where users go to select the list to which they
>> want to subscribe, post or view archives.  In our case that's
>> http://www.uscj.org/archives/ (and the default index.html).
>>
>> Once again, I'd like to have an alphabet at the top (and maybe bottom) that
>> links to the first appearance of a clicked letter, e.g. 'A' links to AATEST,
>> 'B' links to BERWYN, etc.
>
>We wrote a program that does that and a few other things.  See
>http://list.nih.gov and select Browse.

The NIH site looks great!  Roger, could you tell us a bit about the program in broad terms?  For example, what is it written in?  When does it run? Are you offering it to the rest of us?
Bill Verity - 814-865-4758  Fax: 814-863-7049
215A Computer Building - Center for Academic Computing, Penn State University
At the office - on my Mac, of course ;-)