"Haase, Peter" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 12:15:47 +1200
I thought some people might like to know how we fixed the problem with long URL's being broken when a line is wrapped.

We found an article on Technet relating to Exchange 5.5 (Q281835) which says:

On the Internet Mail tab of the Internet Mail Service properties, if you click
to select the MIME and Plain Text check boxes under Message Content and
"Attachments (outbound)", click Advanced Options, and then set Message Text Word
Wrap to Never, the Internet Mail Service may still wrap text for URLs at 76
characters.

A fix for this is to change the setting from Never to At Column and choose a value of 300. Stop and restart the Internet Mail Service and then change the setting back to Never before stopping and starting the service again. This will stop the service from wrapping the text.

Peter Haase
Christchurch City Council

This electronic email and any files transmitted with it are intended

The views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of the Christchurch
City Council.

If you are not the correct recipient of this email please advise the
sender and delete.

Christchurch City Council
http://www.ccc.govt.nz