David Alix <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 9 May 1994 13:06:56 -0700
Our system will be leaving Bitnet this summer, and I was going to use the
:newnode tag to change our user's addresses in listservers.   I'm just not
certain which address to use.

Our Internet name is "ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu", but the From: line from our users
to Bitnet listservers will probably be something like
"[log in to unmask]".  Will listservers be able to
match that From line to the user's "[log in to unmask]" subscription
address?  If not, will they not be able to unsubscribe without human
intervention, or post to private lists?   MIght it then be better to use
the gatewayed address in the :newnode tag (or is that even possible)?

Can anyone who has made this move make any suggestions on easing the
transition for our users?  Thanks for your help.

David Alix
Computer Center, Univ. of Calif., Santa Barbara
Postmaster, ucsbuxa