Amanda Dahl <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 14:37:57 -0800
I did a bulk subscribe of several hundred thousand people, and the time it
took really depending on whether I was using LISTSERV Classic or HPO and how
many thread the LSMTP was.
I ran tests of bulk subscribes on Classic vs HPO and the difference was
drastic (minutes vs hours for the same amount of subscriptions). I've never
done a web-based bulk add, but when I sent the email, there was a max
capacity of addressses that could be accepted in one email, so I had to
split up the list into significantly smaller chunks and add them one at a
time.

amanda

Amanda K. Dahl
Unix Systems Administrator