Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 9 Jan 2009 00:25:07 +0100
On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 13:28:42 -0800, Nate Eckstine
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>On a list I have some DHS.gov subscribers. If a non DHS person
sends to the list they receive the mail. However if the [log in to unmask]
sends the mail the dhs.gov spam detection flags it as a spoofing
attempt as the dhs.gov from address in the list email is coming from
outside the dhs.gov domain.  I only have this issue on lists with
dhs.gov subscribers. Is there a setting in it I need to change? I've
looked through the help files and don't see anything yet.

This is not really a LISTSERV issue and there are no settings within
LISTSERV to deal with this.  The problem is entirely in the spam filter
rules at dhs.gov mail gateway.

The way to deal with it is for their filter to have an exception to this
anti-spoofing rule when the email comes from the IP address of the
mailer that sends your LISTSERV mail. This may be the same as the IP
of the LISTSERV machine or may be a different machine, but it needs to
be the IP of the mail server handling the outbound mail for your
LISTSERV server.

You will probably need to ask the dhs.gov folks to make this request to
their mail system Admins since they are the affected subscribers and it
is their mail system where the problem is occurring.