Fri, 9 Jul 1993 08:55:15 CED
Sorry for they crosspost but ....

Seems that the  powers at D400.DE decided to address  every list owner. Wonder
where they  have the  address from  because they also  sent to  LISTSERV which
didn't like it.  So far they sent  only to BITNET addresses and  it looks like
the list has been compiled some time ago.
My lawyer told me to keep my opinion to myself ...

>ON BEHALF OF THESE PARTICIPANTS I WOULD LIKE TO ASK YOU TO CHANGE THESE
>ADDRESSES TO "D400".
Yep, get all  your lists, dig up these funny  addresses, delete the subscriber
and add him again with the dpb changed to d400 ... it's just a simple as that.

To continue the story LISTSERV did of  course respond to the mailing and guess
what - the reply bounced:
>This report relates to your message
>Your message was not delivered to   [log in to unmask]
>        for the following reason:
>        Recipient's Mailbox unavailable
It may be the particular gateway not being up to date but then that is exactly
that kind of idiocy I hate most. It indicates that it will or will NOT work if
you change the subscriptions.
Instead of  doing such "fancy" things  and pester hundreds of  people who have
NOTHING AT ALL to do with the  change (most lists do NOT have subscribers from
dbp.de) they should have tried using their brains.

What happend to Silvia  Gruben :-) ? Looks like she has  been bypassed or even
fired.

You may do  what you like -  *I* am fed up  and I will change  nothing. If the
auto-deletion fails on bounces I'll  quietly remove all dbp.de subscribers and
the  heck. I'm  not  here to  resolve  their problems  -  especially when  I'm
addressed in a way like that. Period.
AND  I will  not accept  any  .dbp.de or  .d400.de  address if  I get  another
unreplyable mailing.

Christian