"At Uga.Cc.Uga.Edu" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 21 Oct 1994 10:41:07 EDT
Greetings!  Your site was suggested as a possible source of
information on setting up a discussion list.  I would greatly
appreciate any/all suggestions.

I'm the original owner of the Belgian Discussion List, a list
for owners/fanciers of Belgian Shepherd Dogs (Belgian Tervuren,
Belgian Malinois, Belgian Laekenois, and Belgian Groenendael,
aka Belgian Sheepdogs).  The list is currently administered by
a friend at an NRAO site.  Unfortunately, the list can no longer
be kept at that site and must find a new home.  I have contacted
my sys admin but was told I couldn't run the list from my Uni.
as it's not work-related.

Discussion on this list is not limited to Belgian dogs.
From this list, I started an e-mail Dog Rescue list, which
finally found an automated home at netcom, courtesy of
Cindy Tittle Moore.  Also, through a BDL contact, discussion
of a new natl-pet (companion animal health) list was begun,
and that list now exists at iac.net, owned by Gail Brookhart.
The BDL and Dog-Rescue lists have already accounted for the
physical rescue of a number of dogs (Belgian, Komondor, Scottish
Terrier, and mixed-breeds) and provided help for countless
others through publication of rescue contacts.

I am familiar with the uga site through my subscription to VETMED-L.

If there is anything you can do in the way of helping me find
a new site for the Belgian Discussion List, I would be very
grateful.  Most of the members are in the same boat as I am
(cannot run a list from their site).  If I was able to find a
site, I would gladly serve as list administrator.

Thank you for any suggestions you may offer.

Alicia Marcinczyk
University of Southern Maine
Gorham, ME
Owner, Belgian Discussion List
List Administrator, [log in to unmask]
Rescue Chair and PEC, Mainely Tervuren Belgian Club (ABTC/AKC)
Contact for United Belgian Shepherd Dog Association Rescue (UKC)
      and Secretary of Acadia BSD Club (UBSDA/UKC)

PS:  I really appreciate all the help VETMED has given me.  With
contacts there I was able to write a research paper on epilepsy in
Belgian Teruvren, which eventually led to encouraging a researcher
to begin her own epilepsy study, and also put me in contact with
someone who has helped create studies of epilepsy in St. Bernards,
which will assist me in proposing health studies for Belgians
in both AKC and UKC affiliated clubs.  What a fantastic medium!
THANK YOU!