"A. Harry Williams" <HARRY@MARIST>
Mon, 6 Jun 88 09:30:19 EDT
While I know it's one more exception, but would it be worthwhile for the
Command interpretor of Listserv throwing away jobs that have a > in col 1?
Loops such as the one here on IBM7171 might be reduced.  I don't know what
caused this problem, or how difficult it is to produce, but it did seem
difficult to track down.  Knowing the people involved, if they had problems
tracking it down, I'm sure I will also when it happens to me.  The example
below was on its third pass through the command interpretor.

  Harry
> > > I'm looking into all the extra noise we've been getting on the list.  I
Unknown command -- ">". Try HELP.

All subsequent commands have been flushed.

Summary of resource utilization
 CPU time:        0.25 sec                 Device I/O:     9
 Overhead CPU:    0.05 sec                 Paging I/O:     2
 CPU model:       3081                     DASD model:  3380