Spiros Liolis <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 11 Jan 1995 15:33:27 EST
On Wed, 11 Jan 1995 20:33:28 +0100 Eric Thomas said:
>1. Send GET xxx (HEADER command.
>2. You get a piece of mail. Extract to a disk file, xxx.list.
>3. Use editor to make changes. Fill in password.
>3. Send file back using mail command: mail listserv@ricevm1 < xxx.list.
>The procedure is  the same for CMS users. There  is strictly no advantage
>to being  a CMS  user for  this, except insofar  as RECEIVE  from RDRLIST
>might be simpler than  extracting a mail item to a disk  file (no need to
>delete mail  headers). Your non-CMS  users must have read  somewhere that
>you had to be a CMS user to do it, and they believed it :-)

The CMS users (with BITNET connection) can do that interactively without
having to mess with mail commands.
That's the only advantage.
And even without BITNET connection you can now send a file to LISTSERV
using the upadted version of SendFile that uses SMTP for FQDN addresses.
But in this case you still have to use mail to get the list headers.
Don't you just love CMS? (-;

>  Eric

BTW, what happened to MSGD that allows you to send interactive messages
via Internet? Is/Will LISTSERV (be) able to accept messages this way?
I like interactivity and I was hoping that LISTSERV will get into that
field.

How about that Eric?

Spiros Liolis