"Scott J.M. Campbell (416) 599-5527" <CAMPBELL@UTORONTO>
20 September 1986, 12:56:08 EDT
Subject: Re: an idea from an anonymous person

About what Chris said about not the list manager not knowing how many
people were on the bitnet side of his list, if he was made the owner
of the list on each of the LISTSERVs he could get notification every time
someone joined the list (ie he could count them as they joined). If
someone from the BITNET side tried to join his list directly, he could
add them to the closest LISTSERV himself which is about as much effort
as adding him to a mailing list I would think. Overall, adding the
ARPA lists to the LISTSERVs is a good idea from my point of view...

Oh, by the way, is there any problem with subscribing a FRECP11 list
to a BITNIC list so there would be one way redistribution from the
BITNIC list to the FRECP11 one (but not back). Would you just sign
up the FRECP11 list as a regular list member?
                   scott