Turgut Kalfaoglu <TURGUT@TREARN>
Tue, 20 Jun 89 09:52:24 TUR

>    I am wondering if there is a program that can detect error returns
>and automaticly delete the user that causes the trouble.
>That will help since every day I get 200 files (Undelivered mail) on
>my RDRL <as an owner of a list>. Any suggestions will be more than welcome!

That would be rather harsh for that user.. (S)he may be unreachable only
for a few days, although this is NOT the case, usually. Instead, I would
like to recommend all NADs to notify a backbone LISTSERV whenever they are
removing people from their directories. It is a simple procedure, and please
use it to stop the suffering of the list owners.

Here is what you need to do:
  create a file, where you list the names of the users to be removed. Try
to have many users in one file, rather than a separate file for every user.
The file should look like:

//   JOB Echo=No Reply-To=None
  QUIET DEL * DD=NAMES (NETWIDE
//NAMES DD  *
USER1TREARN
USER2@TREARN
USER3@TREARN
USER9999@TREARN
/*

Then, send this file to LISTSERV.. Simply use SENDFILE. (Note: Only NADs
of that node can delete users. So, if you are a NAD at FRMOP11, you can
only remove people from FRMOP11 - LISTSERV learns this info from BITEARN
NODES)...  Hope this info helps..  Regards,  -turgut