Steve Younker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 6 May 1993 16:09:39 EDT
>From:         "Peter M. Weiss" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Re: mail routing
>
>Here's another tidbit: apparently, their postmaster account is
>POSTMSTR.  Fortunately, I think mail to postmaster@ .CA will be
>transferred correctly to that account.
>
>/Pete The Internet Interloper, and sometime Interlooper

Indeed, this is true.  Being a VM system, our USERIDs are restricted
to a very convenient 8 characters.  :-)  Mail to POSTMASTER is
transferred to POSTMAST which is then transferred to POSTMSTR, the
active account.  This way we collect any mail that is sent directly
to POSTMAST as well.  The false part of the above statement is that
mail to "postmaster@ .ca" probably won't go anywhere.  I suspect that
this address must be a typo.  Our postmstr can be reached at:

vm.utcc.utoronto.ca
utorvm
utoronto
canada01

The above 4 names represent the same machine.  No other combination
should work.

Steve Younker
Systems Group
University of Toronto