Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 17 Jan 1995 09:39:20 +0100
On    Mon,     16    Jan     1995    16:10:01    -0800     Peter    Rauch
<[log in to unmask]> said:

>I seem to remember that LISTSERV  (ibm vm versions, at least) had (has?)
>built-in  smarts  which  weed out  a  lot  of  the  SUBSCRIBE X  ME  TOO
>subscription  messages  which  were  misdirected  to  X  instead  of  to
>LISTSERV. Right?

Yes, this is correct. This code  is available on all versions although it
used not  to work  on the  evaluation copies  due to  the way  the little
disclaimer was inserted on top of every incoming message.

>If so, would  someone point me to any documentation  (not source code; I
>don't have access) that describes in general and/or specific terms, what
>kinds of traps are set, and how "smart" are they?

There  is no  specific  documentation  of the  algorithms,  and they  are
regularly  improved. There  have  been 2-3  improvements  since 1.8a  was
released for instance.

  Eric