Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 8 Oct 1992 18:07:13 +0100
On Thu, 8 Oct 1992 12:55:17 EDT "A. Harry Williams" <[log in to unmask]>
said:

>  a) wildcarding not  supported and I'm just lucky with  the manual add?
>  b)  Wildcarding supported,  but I'm  not doing  the add  correctly? c)
>  neither

b. Wildcards are supported, but only  when they match a generic entry, or
a subset of  a generic entry. For  instance, if you have  a generic entry
for '* MINUTES',  you can subscribe to '* MINUTES',  '92* MINUTES' and so
on, but not  to '* MIN*'. The  reasons is that '* MINUTES'  have the same
access control  levels, and any new  file will inherit this.  There is no
telling what the next file which happens  to match '* MIN*' will have for
a GET code.

>For reasons  that are not relative  to the discussion, I  don't want the
>message that is  associated with the AFD  sending of a file  to be sent.
>There doesn't  seem to  be a  way to suppressing  this message.  True or
>False?

You  can't  suppress  the  messages.  In principle  they  should  not  be
generated when the file is sent via mail, well at least not with 1.7e.

  Eric