"Russell, D (Duncan)" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 10:51:25 +0100
Hello All,

I know when I installed the listserv and LSMTP products on our NT platforms
here I had to disable the 8.3 naming convention that is enabled as standard
on NT systems. This was something to do with performance issues I think.
I have checked the documentation briefly and the LSoft FAQ's but cannot find
any reference to it now.

I have been asked to re-enable this feature so a piece of virus scanning
software that uses 16 bit applications can be installed.

Can anybody point me in the right direction for why the 8.3 naming bit
should be disabled.

Thanks
Duncan