"Scott D. Allen" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 10:39:39 -0400
Nathan,

My apologies for not being more explicit.

Yes, I'm running on UNIX (Solaris 8). I do have the lsv_amin set to 4755 and
I think everything is setup correctly. Unfortunately, I didn't do the
installation.....I'm just doing the configuration/setup, so I can't vouch
for the accuracy of the setup. However, I have /opt/listserv/bin/lsv_amin
and /opt/listserv/bin/lcmd both owned by listserv and 4755 perms. I have the
appropriate entries in /etc/aliases for the listserv and also for my test
mailing list (which I created via wa). I did notice that the installer had
setup the aliases a little incorrectly, not using the correct LSVSPOOL
directory, which I corrected. Now, what is happening is when I send an email
with just a simple "thanks", I see the answer sitting in the mailq. It
doesn't seem to be a LISTSERV issue at this point, more like something with
my sendmail configuration. I'm looking into it. However, I still don't know
what I'm doing wrong with the "mailing" method of list creation. Possibly
POSTMASTER permissions?

--Scott