Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 30 Jun 2012 17:21:37 -0400
On 06/28/2012 01:34 PM, Randy Klumph wrote:
> I have a user who has periodic problems with his forwarding domain
> email. While he does receive messages, Probes frequently fail, causing
> his address to be removed from his list. I have him set to NoRenew, but
> he continues to receive Listserv probes from this list.
>
> I thought NoRenew made him exempt from probes.

Reference: LISTSERV List Owner's Manual

The NORENEW option "enables or disables subscription renewal
confirmation on an individual subscriber basis".

Passive probes are discussed in section 13.9.2, which states "passive
probing is very similar to active probing, but it is not tied to
subscription renewal".

Since passive probes are "not tied to subscription renewal", I would not
expect the NORENEW option to prevent the use of passive probes.

--
Paul Russell