Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Thu, 4 Feb 88 18:28:00 SET
You'll get a REXX error if you try a "select * in stuff.*". This will be fixed
in the next version. I'm just FED  UP with 'Procedure expose'. I *have* to use
local variables in some places, because  the stuff is recursive. I also *have*
to use other  variables defined in the program,  so I can't put the  code in a
different exec.  And finally I  don't enjoy having  to (forget to)  modify 392
'Procedure expose'  statements all over  the place  any time I  define another
flag or  suchlike, or  add code to  print out error  messages in  a subroutine
which  didn't have  a full  'Procedure  expose', etc.  I can't  even have  the
statement INTERPRETed,  since VM/SP 6  will make  it illegal to  use PROCEDURE
after  the first  executed  statement,  so each  PROCEDURE  statement must  be
updated individually. I'm thinking about  using GLOBALV to solve this problem,
which is a complete heresy but I'm afraid there is no other solution.

  Eric