Steven Sobol <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 08:57:48 -0400
This seems to me to have the same problem as the previous answer. First,
it's not a separate field, it's part of the options field, and second, it's
an integer (probably a long integer).

Am I not expressing the problem properly?

-----Original Message-----
From: George Radford [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2002 2:56 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Visual Basic formula or function to calculate timestamps?

Hi Steven,

On 12:14 PM 4/5/2002 or thereabouts, you wrote:
 >When inserting a record into the database (i.e., subscribing a new list
 >member), I'd like to include a timestamp so that the list owner knows when
 >the list member subscribed.

If your ASP page is doing a SQL insert or calling a SQL stored procedure,
you could use the SQL getdate() function which returns the database
server's current date and time, in datetime format.  Another (even easier)
way to do this is to set the table column's default to getdate() and then
you don't have to insert anything at all -- SQL will fill it in for you
automatically if you don't supply a value in the insert statement.

Regards,
George