Michael Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 2 Jan 2004 11:18:09 +1100
>Any help on doing a bulk add using import?
>
>The list is testlist2, I'm not sure what to put for ddname? I'm using a
>Red Hat O/S.
>
>> ADD testlist2 DD= ddname IMPORT
>Missing DD name after "DD=" keyword.

First, there shouldn't be a space immediately after the '=' sign when
declaring DDNAME.

Second, in the LISTSERV Site Maintaners Manual the example shown uses
'DD=ddname'.  In theory you can use anything at all as DD= is just a label
you're giving to the job, but in practice using 'ddname' verbatim (as in
the example) doesn't work and LISTSERV always seems to choke on it.

Try using a different label here (eg. DD=bulkjob1, etc.) and see if that
helps things.  Of course, you have to use the same label after the '//' in
the second line of the job, too.

--
Regards,
 Michael Shannon

 Chazzozz!!

 LISTSERV (R) is a registered trademark of L-Soft.