Roger Fajman <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 23 Nov 1995 04:22:43 EST
> On Mon, 20 Nov 1995 21:04:58 EST Roger Fajman <[log in to unmask]> said:
>
> >You were luckier  than us because your Groupwise user  apparently set up
> >their rules to send only one message for each one received. Thus you did
> >not experience the exponential expansion  in the number of messages that
> >we did.
>
> The main difference is that SJU has  a fast delivery machine. There is no
> way the Groupwise gateway could compete with it, so the Groupwise gateway
> got jammed and there was no noticeable impact for SJU users.
>
>   Eric

I don't think I agree with this completely.  There seemed to be
a simple 1-1 loop going on with our LISTSERV and another
Groupwise system that was stopped when we installed the INFO
fix.  We did not notice it before.  It would be a big coincidence
if it just happened to be starting when Bruce installed the
INFO fix.